Monday, October 31, 2011

Broken Hearts, Broken Lives

"My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever." Psalm 73:26

Sometimes we have hard weeks. This week was like that. My grandma was in the hospital this week and as I was walking through the hospital corridors, I saw so many broken and wounded bodies and lives.

But I wondered, how many of them also had broken hearts....


With the help of bible study, prayer, and all my people in ICC this year, I have truly begun to realize how little time we have here on earth. Yes, we do need to make the most of it and the people we are around and love, but more importantly is the matter of the heart. 

Last week my church once again had the amazing opportunity to "Love Loud" in the community. We gave millions of dollars and hours of time blessing people. We gave a free medical and dental clinic. Hundreds and hundreds of bodies were healed. 

But what about their hearts?


I pray that God blessed as many hearts as he did bodies, I'm sure that he did.
Here is a link to a video about a girl at my church who's body will never be mended but her heart certainley has been.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=189994707743433

No comments:

Post a Comment