Thursday, September 29, 2011

Reflections of a Meager Musician

The Sound of music. Recently I was practicing my viola and the absolute beauty of it just seemed to wash over me. I really feel like that I have taken the past couple of years of being a musician for granted. When God gives you a joy and desire to create music you should hold it dear to your soul. Often times life seems to rush by and you forget the simple things that used to mean so much to you. Music has the ability to love, heal, hurt and forgive. Universally it is used all around the world. I wish that people felt the same way about salvation. This morning in my reading or Know What You Believe (Little), chapter seven laid out the path of salvation so clearly that I wanted to just dash out and find someway to publish it to the whole world! But then I thought, it is published to the world, it's been that way for over 2,000 years. They have access to it, they just have rejected it. So as I go about my day I pray that God will help me to not take for granted my life, my faith or my music and cherish His unfailing provision.

"I came all this way for a reason. Today is the day of salvation. Trust Jesus to save you. Then be sincere as God knows a pretender."
Kirk Cameron


No comments:

Post a Comment